Man oh man we love this one. (Notice I haven't posted any recipes in a while...I've had a few misses...and a lot of "no time"s.)
Mile High Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomato Sandwich
Ingredients (for 2 sandwhiches)
2 Small Chicken breasts, or 1 Large chicken breast
4 Thick slices of artisan wheat or whole-grain bread (Doesn't have to be expensive...we got ours from Costco)
6-8 Small sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed and patted dry
2 heaping handfuls of spinach leaves
4 Tbs. crumbled feta or goat cheese (Costco carries the BEST feta made with goat and sheep milk)
2 Tbs. of your favorite white vinaigrette dressing (Again with Costco...we used a white balsamic and basil blend) Alternative : Italian dressing
1. Cook the chicken in a skillet so that there is a nice browned skin on both sides. On my stove, that means Medium heat for about 8 minutes on both sides with the cover in place.
2. Slice the chicken breasts in 1/2" thick pieces...nice and chunky...this is a mile high sandwich!
3. Toast the bread
4. On two slices of bread, arrange the thick chicken pieces to cover the entire slice.
5. Top each slice with two tbs. of the goat cheese (we are loading it on!)
6. Dice the sun-dried tomatoes, and salt them lightly. Divide evenly and sprinkle them onto the goat cheese.
7. Load the slices with spinach leaves...it will be a little tricky, but it doesn't have to be pretty! The goal is to get at least two of our daily vegetable servings on this puppy.
8. Drizzle each slice with about 1 Tbs. of your white vinaigrette.
9. Top with the remaining slices of bread.
11. In our house, the next step is "Repeat"...because Husband wants another one.