Friday, June 10, 2011

30Ds : Day 8

Happy birthday to my Sister K! She is 22 today. K's birthday falls at such a time to make it really difficult for me to celebrate in her presence, but since our family was gathered together last weekend, I finally got to sing and celebrate with her. Yeah Kirsten! Love you miss you!

My favorite picture of K from ALL time
 ___
It is Day 8, and I bought a headband. A NEW one. It is my first hair related purchase in maybe 8 years. You laugh but I am not exaggerating...I didn't even have any hair adornment for my wedding day. 



Looking at the pictures, it may be a little to sparkly for me...I'm more of a suede and neutral person, but this is a good experiment. 

For this do I straightened my hair thoroughly, then poufed the back, pined back some middle-side strands, popped in the headband, and then took some loose front strands and actually pined them over the headband right above my ears.

TIme investment : 15 minutes with straightening
Product investment : Bobbies, headband, comb
Money investment : $7.00

Words of Wisdom:
Some sister quotes in celebration of K :
Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply...  ~Jane Austen, Mansfield Park, 1814

Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.  ~Author Unknown

You keep your past by having sisters.  As you get older, they're the only ones who don't get bored if you talk about your memories.  ~Deborah Moggach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...