Monday, June 27, 2011

30Dos, Day 17

I am officially behind on posting my 30 Dos! Vacation interrupts things (I'll tell you more about vacay later). I'll do my best to catch up and quickly!

This do was a beachy style that my girl Cath helped me out with. She has similar hair texture to mine, and has been caring for it more consistently than I ever did, so she has all the tricks for medium thickness, fairly curly hair. She was generous to play salon with me and give me a hair care lesson.



The steps involved to boost my curl:
1. Root Boost wet hair (Tigi Catwalk Root Boost - $14.99)
2. Apply Curl Booster gel (Tigi Catwalk Curls Rock - $13.99)
3. Scrunch
4. Diffuse until about 60% dry, upside down, and continue to scrunch
5. Use two large butterfly clips to secure hair loosely at the top of head**
6. Let it air dry

I really like the way this looks! I haven't seem that many curls on my head since the 7th grade.

Time investment : 30min.
Product investment : Root booster, curl gel, diffuser, butterfly clips
Money investment : I didn't spend anything because I was borrowing products. The prices are listed above, but I'll estimate $0.75 total, if I purchased all products.

**Although Cath has received much teasing for her use of clips this way, I have to say, it works!


Words of wisdom :

Some of the secret joys of living are not found by rushing from point A to point B, but by inventing some imaginary letters along the way.  ~Douglas Pagels, These Are the Gifts I'd Like to Give to You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...