Thursday, June 9, 2011

30Ds: Day 7

One week officially completed of my 30 Days, 30 Dos adventure! So far, this has been a blast...especially now that I have worked through all my boring standbys and have started trying new things. I am beginning to feel more confident in my ability to work with my hair. However, as in most things, the more you learn, the more you realize you don't know anything.

Today I have a casual low side bun. I haven't been able to master the top volume teasing thing yet...any tips?


It may be little up-doish for a work day in jeans, but I'm counting on the beachy texture and fly-aways to make it look more casual.

After teasing, I curled my hair gently with a 1" curling iron (I literally had forgotten how to use that thing!), then pined the left side down at the nape of my neck, popped in a side pony-tail, and started pinning away to make a swirly bun.

Time Investment : 10min
Money Investment : $0.10
Product Investment : Bobbies, hair spray, hair band, comb for teasing, curling iron

Words of Wisdom :

Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction. - Anne Frank

I love this quote, oh wise Anne. Often we treat work as a scourge, but hard work applied with integrity is valuable, respectable, and satisfying (even if you are not in your dream job). Ask anyone who has been unemployed what the worst part is...everyone will say "boredom" and "purposelessness" right after if not before the lack of income.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I just found this today & thought of you right away! ;)
    http://thebeautydepartment.com/hair/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...