Tonight was purple fingerling potato baking night! I tried two different things with these babies. Smashed and Hashed.
First, Smashed Purple Fingerling Potatoes :
1 lbs. purple fingerling potatoes
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 Tbs. fresh cilantro
2 Tbs. goat cheese, crumbled
1. Boil the potatoes in heavily salted water until tender.
2. Drain potatoes and cut into one inch chunks.
3. Mix potato chunks, lemon juice, cilantro, and goat cheese in a large bowl.
4. Using a fork, smash the potatoes against the bowl wall. Add more cheese or water if consistency is too dry.
Purple Potato Medallions
1 lbs. of purple fingerling potatoes
1 Tbs. olive oil
Goat Cheese (Optional)
1. Boil potatoes in heavily salted water until softer but still crisp near the inside.
2. Drain and dry.
3. Slice potatoes into 1/8-1/4" medallions.
4. Bring olive oil to medium heat in a skillet.
5. Fry medallions approximately 5 min. per side or until crispy
6. Remove from heat and salt thoroughly.
7. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
I think this meal would be awesome with an over-easy egg on top of the fried potatoes.
They both taste like normal potatoes, but look so much cooler!!