Really though it tastes great. If you are using especially pungent limes, you may want to reduce the amount of lime juice and replace it with more simple syrup (vise versa is also true). This recipe is vegan and gluten free.
1 1/4 cup simple syrup (1 1/4 cup sugar + 1 1/4 cup water : bring to boil for one minute until sugar is entirely disolved)
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
5 fresh basil leaves
15-20 fresh mint leaves
1. Finely chop basil and mint leaves.
2. Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse for 1 minute or until mixture is fairly homogenous.
3. Place in a container with a cover and freeze for approximately 2 hours or until mixture is almost completely frozen.
4. Remove mixture from freezer and put back into the blender. Pulse again until mixture is broken down and smooth.
5. Put mixture back into the covered container and freeze for at least another 2 hours before serving.
Enjoy your sorbet! Eat and be refreshed!
The original recipe from which I based this new one can be found here.