Husband calls this recipe my "best kitchen accident ever."
As you must know now, cake pops (or cake balls), are all the rage. I was playing around with a frosting recipe for some cake balls, and ended up with something different all together (by using ill-conceived proportions :). Also...IT IS ONLY THREE INGREDIENTS.
Three Ingredient Dark Chocolate Truffles
3.5 oz. Very Dark Chocolate (around 70% cacao content)
3/4 c. Confectioners Sugar
1/2 c. Chopped Pecans (or Walnuts, or favorite nuts)
1. Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second stints, stirring after each until completely melted.
2. Mix in 1/2 cup confectioners sugar. Continue to add sugar until consistency is doughy and sticks together. (My measurements are only estimates)
3. Roll mixture into 1/2" balls.
4. Finely chop the pecans and put them in a wide, shallow bowl.
5. Roll each ball in the pecans until fully coated.
6. Refrigerate until time to eat!
Makes about 10 truffles.