Thursday, October 6, 2011

Oh Yeah Apple Cider Doughnuts

Yep. Yum.


I used this great recipe from SmittenKitchen.com because, as mentioned in her post, the apple cider is reduced to enhance the cider flavor within the dough. Doughnuts are a lot of work to make, but oh sooooo good in the end. These were outside crispy and inside softy.

My additional comments after using this recipe : 
  1. My batch yielded about 30 doughnuts though I also used approximately a 3" cutter (SmittenKitchen estimates 18). Beware you might get more than you planned. Yes, it's a good problem to have with donuts.
  2. If you don't own a doughnut cutter, use what's around the house. I used a jam jar for the shape and an Airborne® tube for the holes!
  3. Double dip all of the glazed donuts. Dip, cool, dip again.
  4. Chopped walnuts are a tasty addition to the glazed variety.
  5. The freezer and fridge time between steps is necessary, just trust me. 



I want to try this again soon...this time with caramel or maple frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...