No, it's not because his national holiday often falls on my own birthday.
Today I am 28! I love my January birthday because I can almost exclusively associate each year of my life with an entire calendar year. I will 28 for all but 15 days of 2012. It segments my life into nice, yearly chunks.
Last year my birthday was a little difficult to swallow; something seemed intimidating about 27...At 27 I was leaving my middle 20s. Young adult really didn't apply anymore. HOWEVER, I am all about it for 28! Maturity no longer sounds boring, but more like a tool for the way I actually want to live.
Suck on that for a while (mature people can still say stuff like that, right? :)
Here are my goals for 2012/my time being 28 years old:
- Be a woman, not a girl.
- Raise and give money to the Tree of Giving Orphanage we discovered in Haiti on our last trip. (More to come on this later).
- Be in shape enough to outrun or fight off any sort of bad guy (more to come on this one too.)
- Expand my freelancing business. (Again more to come. Wholly goodness you are getting a lot of teasers today.)
- Use the Bible to form my perspectives and priorities.
- Handle these goals appropriately.
Happy 2012 everyone, a little belated, but in my backwards head, this year is just beginning!