Sunday, December 11, 2011

Three Holiday Bark Recipes

First off, who else finds "bark" to be a hilariously unappetizing name for candy treats?

This weekend marked the second annual cookie exchange amongst my girlfriends. Because I had to be out of town all weekend right up until the hour before the party, I had to bake way in advance. Solution? Bark.

I also had no chance to print recipes. Solution? A blog post that all can reference if needed.

Bittersweet Chocolate Lemon Bark

Recipe originally found on about.com. I ended up having to spread the candied lemon peel out on parchment paper to bake it in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes. I needed to make it breakable instead of gummy-sticky.

Mocha Meringue Bark

Delicious and light! I typically cook variations on ingredients and processes that I already know. The world of meringue was rather intimidating, but one must learn these things. Turns out that this was my favorite bark of the three. Found on foodnetwork.com by Claire Robinson.


Somoa Bark

Riiiiiiiiich and delicious. Coconut was another food adventure for me this time around. I used a smaller pan instead of the recommended 9x13 (a girl only has so many 9x13 pans!), so my somoa bark turned out thicker than necessary. Recipe found on cookiesandcups.com.


All together at the cookie exchange :



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...