Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Better Late than Never....

You might ask yourself, really? Is this an Easter post? really? But it is, sorta. And to that I say, "Better late than never." I'm sure glad Jesus didn't take that philosophy on Easter. He was right on time. I am not though.

This is my best egg of the day. Sticky birthstone jewels from the scrapbooking section and a silver paint pen allowed me to create this, uh, masterpiece? I call it : My Family in an Egg Shell. Sub-title : Bio-Family! I was thinking of you on Easter!


(I often feel the need to differentiate which family I am referring to. I have my Bio-Family [my birth family], and Hop-Family or New-Family [Hubs' family, my in-laws]. I also have my Friend-Family or Natti-Family [close friends of no actual relation living in Cincinnati because we don't live around the Bio-Family or Hop-Family]. Enough! That thing is happening to "family"; I've seen/written it so many times it's starting to look weird.)

Here is the cumulative result of all our egg dying with my Hop-Family. As a child, dying eggs is great fun, but I think there is something lovely about dying eggs as a group of adults too.


While we are on the topic of eggs...Hubs and I disagree on this dinner :

I made it for myself one night when Hubs was out. He says gross. I say best meal of the week. Avocado, mango, and hard boiled egg sprinkled with sea salt and fresh cilantro. What do you think? Is it a gender thing?

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful eggs! Your talent seeps through the color and design. And oh that meal - right up my alley!! And so nutricious!! (sp)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...