Two fillets of mahi mahi
8-10 large leaves of lettuce
Half white onion, diced
Bunch of cilantro, chopped
1 roasted red pepper, finely diced
1/2 spiced tomato, finely diced
Canned jalapenos to taste, finely diced
1 egg white
1 ripe avacado
Chili and Garlic Olive Oil (pick an appealing flavor to you!)
Cayenne pepper, to taste
Cumin, to taste
Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Marinate the mahi mahi fillets in flavored olive oil.
- Dice the marinated mahi mahi and put into a bowl.
- Sweat the onions in the flavored olive oil.
- Combine diced mahi mahi, sweated onion, cilantro, red pepper, tomoato, jalepeno, egg white, cayenne, cumin, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mix with your hand.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of flavored oil in skillet.
- Pack fish mixture into 8-10 "long cakes", about 5" long.
- Fry the cakes in the skilled for about 3 minutes per side.
- Place each cake onto the center of a large lettuce leaf and top with a slice of avacado. Wrap and eat like a taco.
And what goes best with fresh fish tacos? Homemade pan fried sweet potato fries with sea salt.