My Favorite Books (In Approximate Order):
- Treasure Island, Robert Lewis Stevenson
- The Westing Game, Ellen Raskin
- A Wrinkle in Time, Madeline L'Engle
- The Scarlet Pimpernel, Baroness Emmuska Orczy (I'm may or may not be a little embarassed)
- Lord of the Rings, JRR Tolkien
- The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle, Avi
- The Best of Isaac Asimov, Short Stories by Issac Asimov
Books traditionally only make it to Favorite Book status over the course of several years; they are time tested. BUT. Announcement, breaking Lisa news. I think I've just added another, in record time. In a matter of one month, the Hunger Games trilogy has been inducted. I have already read all three books twice, and decided that, in addition to everything from my list above, the trilogy also has war, culture, food, rebellion, symbolism, love triangle, family, destitution, fashion....these books have it all.
|Artwork by Marbi, courtesy of www.Mockingjay.com|
8. The Hugner Games Trilogy, Suzanne Collins
Only time will tell if it stays on the list. It may fade to second tier as I change, like Pride and Prejudice did, but I wouldn't be breaking the rules if I thought it was going to do that.
Moral of the story; read The Hunger Games!