Friday, February 4, 2011

Maturity? Sort of...

Today my husband joins me in his 27th year of life. Happy Birthday Ceej! It's upper-20s now for us both. We still feel (ahem, and maybe act) like we are 18. It's hard to wrap our brains around our full 27 years of life. It's strange to realize that we are supposedly functioning adults. However, when I take an external look, I suppose the proof is irrefutable:
- We are married
- We own a house
- We each work 40-65 hours per week
- We have a budget
- We set our own priorities
- We talk through our problems because we want a healthy relationship
- We go on vacations all by ourselves
- We pass on dessert sometimes

And look at the gifts I got Ceej for his birthday this year:
Can be purchased on Amazon and other bookstores...more likely those in Ohio
We want to start a garden come spring! But we don't know how. I watched my parents garden as a child, but I didn't do much other than eat and occasionally harvest the produce of their labors. This book should be the assist we need. Very adult-ish, eh? I just gave my husband a gardening book for his birthday...and he liked it.

And this wii game...it's Wheel of Fortune. We honestly like to watch this show. Hmmm....
Hi Pat, Hi Vanna
So here's to adulthood, or should I say teenagers living like responsible adults?

Thanks for being born Ceej! We have been married for 1.5 years, so it is now actually quantifiable. I am officially and measurably better and happier for having you in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...